On Thursday, May 8, World’s Window invites the community to attend its “Flipping Favorites” shopping event from 6 to 8 p.m. to support Rose Brooks Center. 100% of the proceeds generated from this event will benefit the women and children (and sometimes their pets) using Rose Brooks Center’s services.
World’s Window is partnering with Rose Brooks Center for the ninth year to bring attention to domestic violence and to raise critical funds for the prevention and emergency services organization. The Grand Finale Party will be an evening of fun and fashion with music, champagne and a Red Carpet! Tower Cleaners will continue its nine year partnership with World’s Window by donating minor cleaning services for donated clothing in need of a touch-up.
The public can participate in “Flipping Favorites” in the following ways:
1) Bring one or more excellent quality new or used item(s) to World’s Window Saturday, March 12 through Monday, May 5th, and receive a “Golden Ticket” for free entry to the shopping event on Thursday, May 8.
2) No clothes to donate? Admission to the Flipping Favorites event on Thursday, May 8, is $10 and all proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
3) Attend the Flipping Favorites Grand Finale Party at World’s Window on Thursday, May 8, from 6 to 8 p.m. to shop hundreds of new and very gently used items for only $10 each. 100% of proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
4) Shop regular merchandise at World’s Window on Thursday, May 8, from 6 to 8 p.m. at a 20% discount. 10% of those sales will also be donated to Rose Brooks Center.
5) Purchase a hand-made ceramic “Joy” pendant for $10. The pendants were made by World’s Window staff and customers and depict words and feelings reflecting joy on our life journeys. All proceeds benefit Rose Brooks Center.
6) With your purchase of Flipping Favorites $10 items, you can enter to win fabulous prizes including a $200 shopping spree at World’s Window.
World’s Window is located at 332 W. 63rd Street in Kansas City, Missouri, and opened its doors 30 years ago by Jan and Lonnie Buerge. World’s Window believes that shopping should be fun. A visit to World’s Window might include a sidewalk sale, a special fundraising event, a trunk show or the excitement of new arrivals. World’s Window offers its customers access to products and services which are superior to those offered by other resources by seeking out fair trade products and Earth sustaining products whenever possible.
Rose Brooks Center is a comprehensive domestic violence agency providing a full continuum of care including prevention programming, crisis intervention and other supportive services to thousands of women and children each year. In 2012, Rose Brooks Center reached more than 7,000 people through its 24-Hour Crisis Line and provided 57,696 safe nights to women and children escaping abusive homes. To learn more about Rose Brooks Center, please visit www.RoseBrooks.org.